Our Holistic Drug Rehab
A holistic approach focuses on treating the entire person—mind, body, and spirit—throughout the addiction treatment process. Holistic recovery facilities achieve success by integrating traditional therapies and natural healing techniques. In some cases, holistic treatment is combined with a conventional addiction treatment plan (12-step or similar) to improve the chances of success.
Depending upon the needs of the addicted individual and the facility’s approach to rehabilitation, holistic addiction treatment modalities may include:
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture can be helpful in reducing withdrawal symptoms and decreasing anxiety, cravings, or depression. In some cases, acupuncture may also be used to manage symptoms of co-occurring medical conditions.
- Herbal therapies. Some holistic practitioners use natural botanicals to manage detox symptoms, calm the nerves, restore liver function, and regulate sleep patterns.
- Exercise & mind-body fitness. From cardiovascular exercise to yoga and tai chi, holistic addiction programs emphasize the importance of exercise in building immunity, improving mood and sleep, developing self-awareness, and enhancing the effect of other therapies.
- Hypnosis. When facilitated by a mental health professional, this trance-like state has been used successfully to fend off cravings, reduce chances of relapse, and develop strategies for managing addictive behaviors.
- Prayer & meditation. Prayer or relaxation exercises are proven to lower anxiety and reduce tension by increasing an individual’s spiritual awareness and sense of wellbeing. When volatile emotions are managed, there is less chance of relapse or binging. Over time, a meditation practice can be a long-term tool for achieving and maintaining sobriety and finding joy in life.
- Food & nutrition changes. Addicted individuals may adopt poor dietary habits. Whole, healthy food fuels the body and supports other addiction therapies by positively impacting overall health, immunity, mood, and mental clarity.
Many addicts experience success when conventional treatment strategies are combined with holistic solutions focused on mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. Next Step Intervention consultants find a holistic treatment program that suits your needs, and secure admission and financing for residential or outpatient programs. Walking you through each step of the rehabilitation process, our team of substance abuse specialists helps clients navigate addiction treatment and positions them for long-term recovery.
Next Step Intervention welcomes calls, emails, and online inquiries. Get in touch with a consultant and begin your sobriety journey today.